With the announcement of Xcode 7 by Apple, they are now allowing anyone to be able to have a free developer account (no more paying Apple $100/yr). The only downside to the free account is that you can only add the program to devices that you physically have.
Follow the instructions below to re-sign my unsigned IPA and successfully install it on your iDevice.
- Apple ID Account — https://appleid.apple.com/
- Apple Computer (Running OS X via a virtual will also work)
- macOS High Sierra on VMWare (I recommend the VMWare one since I was able to successfully passthrough the iPhone from my machine to the virtual. VirtualBox was not passing through my iPhone 7 Plus but should work for iPhone 6s and lower. Also note– I created a NEW AppleID to login to the virtual since I did not create it, I get paranoid and don’t know if it has any kind of malware and I was not going to risk my real account)
- Xcode 7 (or greater)
- iReSign (El Capitan or earlier) — https://github.com/maciekish/iReSign
- iOS APP Signer (macOS Sierra or newer) — http://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/
- nzbUnity unsigned IPA — download link below
- Any Xcode project — You will modify the bundle identifier so make a backup if it’s a real project (Sample: https://github.com/jasarien/Provenance/archive/master.zip)
nzbUnity v1.8.105 (Stable)
Posted: January 4th, 2020
- (ADD) Radarr: Multiple Radarr support
- (ADD) Radarr: Recommendations
- (ADD) Headphones: Ability to view history
- (ADD) Downloaders: Ability to move the downloader servers. Long-press and then drag and drop to the new position
- (ADD) qBittorent: Added support for the new API 2.3 released with qBittorent 4.2.0.
- (ADD) Search: Jackett support
- (CHANGE) Radarr: Search icon is now part of the bottom menu
- (CHANGE) Search: Moved the + to the bottom bar to match the look of the other applets.
- (CHANGE) RSS: Moved the + to the bottom bar to match the look of the other applets.
- (CHANGE) Search: Updated the views to match the look and feel of the other applets
- (CHANGE) Search: Removed NZBClub
- (FIXED) iPad: When restoring from SyncSettings (with LazyLibrian enabled) or enabling the application LazyLibrarian, nzbUnity would crash. This was due to me leaving the connection module on the iPad to connect via username/password when LL has been updated (build 45). to use ApiKey only.
- (FIXED) Sick Beard: Artwork failed to be retrieved when TheTVDB updated their api to v3.
- (FIXED) SickRage: Artwork failed to be retrieved when TheTVDB updated their api to v3.
- (FIXED) Sonarr: Artwork failed to be retrieved when TheTVDB updated their api to v3.
- (FIXED) Radarr: Movie would still show up on the ‘wanted’ list even if the cutoff was met (ex: downloaded Bluray 1080p but cutoff was DVD and the Bluray 1080p was higher on the list than the DVD).
- (FIXED) Radarr: Title-less movies would cause nzbUnity to crash.
- (FIXED) Downloaders: Clicking save multiple times when adding a downloader would add the server multiple times.
- (FIXED) nzbUnity: New build notification was not displaying when a new build was out.
nzbUnity v1.8.93 (Beta)
Posted: April 07th, 2019
- (ADD) Lidarr: Lidarr Support.
- (ADD) Sonarr: Ability to delete episode files.
- (ADD) uTorrent: Ability to change torrent label.
- (CHANGE) nzbUnity: App is now AD FREE.
- (CHANGE) Auto Night: Temporarily disabled based on reports that it has been causing crashes on start up.
- (CHANGE) Sonarr: Updated the episode listing UI to be more dynamic and include the quality of the file (if available)
- (CHANGE) Search: When adding or editing a provider, if the protocol (http or https) is detected in the url/host, it will be automatically removed to make adding / editing easier.
- (CHANGE) Radarr: Movies that are still monitored but have downloaded the movie in the cutoff profile is no longer marked as Wanted in nzbUnity
- (FIXED) All: on Jailbroken devices, artwork would not load on iOS 11.
- (FIXED) Sonarr: Episode listing would be out of order if there was no airdate listed, changed to sort by episode number
- (FIXED) Sonarr: If application language was not set to English then the artwork would not download.
- (FIXED) All: The Barcode Scanner’s cancel button would be position slightly off screen on the iPhone X series.
nzbUnity v1.8.64 (Stable)Posted: September 11th, 2018
- (ADD) nzbUnity: Application labels. You can now label the apps on the main page with whatever name you’d like.
- (ADD) nzbUnity: User Interface has been updated to fit properly on the iPhone X
- (ADD) Downloaders: All download applet have been combined into 1 new downloader applet. From one window, you can manage all your downloading app (sab, nzbget, nzbvortex, torrents).
- (ADD) Downloaders: Deluge (Torrent) support.
- (ADD) Downloaders: uTorrent (Torrent) support.
- (ADD) Downloaders: qBittorrent (Torrent) support.
- (ADD) Downloaders: Transmission (Torrent) support.
- (ADD) Radarr: Open in Safari button on the movie info page for more information about the movie (imdb or tmdb)
- (ADD) Search: Added Radarr to the auto import list
- (ADD) Sick Beard: ‘Custom’ quality profile for adding and editing a show.
- (ADD) SickRage: ‘Custom’ quality profile for adding and editing a show.
- (ADD) Radarr: Ability to type and filter the list of movies in your list.
- (CHANGE) Radarr: Changed the artwork download from using Radarr to using TheMovieDB
- (CHANGE) Sonarr: Changed the artwork download from using Sonarr to using TheTVDB
- (CHANGE) LazyLibrarian: Re-did the integration from HTML parsing to API
- (FIXED) All: Special Characters are now allowed for the password when attempting to retreive the APIKEY automatically.
- (FIXED) Downloaders: SABNzbd would be unable to connect if using a reverse proxy auth (ex: Nginx Auth).
- (FIXED) SABnzbd: Added support for SABnzbd v2.x
- (FIXED) Sonarr: When adding a show, starting season and search on add options were being ignored.
- (FIXED) Radarr: Searching for movies would return ‘results not found’ (slight change of API from Radarr)
- (FIXED) CouchPotato: Manual search was not showing the download icon
- (FIXED) CouchPotato: Random crashes when attempting to re-add a movie to the wanted via the ‘Re-Add’ button.
- (FIXED) CouchPotato: UI would incorrectly move up when hiding either the quality or profile when adding a movie.
- (FIXED) Search: Attempting to browse nzb.su would cause the app to crash.
- (FIXED) Search: Auto import was not importing newznab servers from Sonarr
- (FIXED) SyncSettings: In some cases, restoring from SyncSettings with Client Certificate enabled, would cause nzbUnity to crash.
- (FIXED) Auto Nightmode: Auto Night mode would cause the app to crash.
- (CHANGE) All (Except RSS/Search): New TabBar (bottom bar) look for all the apps. Main color is the apps main color.
- (CHANGE) iPad: iPad is now in landscape mode.
Xcode is an integrated development environment (IDE) containing a suite of software development tools developed by Apple for developing software for OS X and iOS. Although it may seem like a complicated program, it is actually quiet simple and we only need it to generate our mobile provisioning profile. You only need to do the Xcode section once — the goal is to use a non-expired profile with the name com..nzbUnity for your current iDevice. If the profile has expired, you don’t have a profile, or you want to use another device, then you will need to do this section
Click on Xcode menu and then on Preferences
Click on Accounts tab
Click on the + on the bottom left and enter your Apple ID (this will create your free developer account — noted by the PERSONAL TEAM label)
Click on General tab
Update the following:
- Change the Bundle Identifier to com.<any unique name you want>.nzbUnity (ex: com.asdjflajf.nzbUnity)
- Change the device from one of the simulators to your device (your device should be plugged in); in this screenshot, the simulator was for an iPhone 8 Plus
- Make sure the Automatically manage signing is checked
- Change the Team to match the team (Apple ID) you want to use
Re-Sign via IOS APP SIGNER (macOS Sierra)
iOS APP Signer is an app for OS X that can (re)sign apps and bundle them into ipa files that are ready to be installed on an iOS device. It is very similar to iReSign
Open iOS App Signer
For the ‘Input File‘, select the unsigned ipa
‘Signing Certificate’ – select your certificate
‘Provisioning Profile’ will be the profile name from Xcode
Click on Start and the app will ask you where you would like to save the signed IPA to.
Please see below for a quick video tutorial.
iTunes is a media management software created by Apple, Inc., for both the Macintosh and Windows operating systems. We are going to use it to add the ipa to the iDevice.
Note: When adding the newly signed ipa to your iDevice, please use the same computer you’ve used in the past to sync. If you do not, you run the risk of erasing contents from your iDevice.
Open iTunes (if it does not open)
Click on your iDevice icon
Click Install for nzbUnity
Click on Apply/Sync
Click on the “Windows” menu and then choose “Devices”
On the right hand side, in the section “Installed Apps“, click on the + and select the resigned IPA
Having trouble with any of the steps? Please follow some of the troubleshooting steps. If you are still having issue, please contact me via the contact form.