With the announcement of Xcode 7 by Apple, they are now allowing anyone to be able to have a free developer account (no more paying Apple $100/yr). The only downside to the free account is that you can only add the program to devices that you physically have.
Follow the instructions below to re-sign my unsigned IPA and successfully install it on your iDevice.
- Apple ID Account — https://appleid.apple.com/
- Apple Computer (Running OS X via a virtual will also work)
- macOS High Sierra on VMWare (I recommend the VMWare one since I was able to successfully passthrough the iPhone from my machine to the virtual. VirtualBox was not passing through my iPhone 7 Plus but should work for iPhone 6s and lower. Also note– I created a NEW AppleID to login to the virtual since I did not create it, I get paranoid and don’t know if it has any kind of malware and I was not going to risk my real account)
- Xcode 7 (or greater)
- iReSign (El Capitan or earlier) — https://github.com/maciekish/iReSign
- iOS APP Signer (macOS Sierra or newer) — http://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/
- nzbUnity unsigned IPA — download link below
- Any Xcode project — You will modify the bundle identifier so make a backup if it’s a real project (Sample: https://github.com/jasarien/Provenance/archive/master.zip)
Posted: May 18th, 2020
- (ADD) Ombi: Ombi Support.
- (ADD) Downloaders: rTorrent(ruTorrent) support.
- (ADD) Settings: Application Theme (Top nav bar matches color of app now).
- (CHANGE) Pro: Features are now available to all.
- (CHANGE) Settings: Settings has a slightly newer look for adding apps / misc menu
- (FIXED) Downloaders: Clicking on History would crash the app if a torrent client on the list (most torrent clients do not support history)
- (FIXED) Downloaders: (iOS 13) NZB uploading to the default client from Downloads folder (now part of the iCloud Drive). Depending on the resign method, import of NZB will still fail (working on resolving it fully).
- (FIXED) Sonarr: If tv show had no poster and on the 3 poster per row, nzbUnity would make the show unclickable.
- (FIXED) Downloaders: In Deluge, if the password contained special characters, the password escape would make it so that nzbUnity could not connect.
- (FIXED) Search: In certain cases, Jackett links would fail to send to the torrent download client or crash nzbUnity.
- (FIXED) Pin: If pin was enabled and FaceID was enabled on the device (those without fingerprint reader), app would crash
- (FIXED) Lidarr: Lidarr would fail to connect in some cases due to improper parsing of the init file.
Posted: January 4th, 2020
- (ADD) Radarr: Multiple Radarr support
- (ADD) Radarr: Recommendations
- (ADD) Headphones: Ability to view history
- (ADD) Downloaders: Ability to move the downloader servers. Long-press and then drag and drop to the new position
- (ADD) qBittorent: Added support for the new API 2.3 released with qBittorent 4.2.0.
- (ADD) Search: Jackett support
- (CHANGE) Radarr: Search icon is now part of the bottom menu
- (CHANGE) Search: Moved the + to the bottom bar to match the look of the other applets.
- (CHANGE) RSS: Moved the + to the bottom bar to match the look of the other applets.
- (CHANGE) Search: Updated the views to match the look and feel of the other applets
- (CHANGE) Search: Removed NZBClub
- (FIXED) iPad: When restoring from SyncSettings (with LazyLibrian enabled) or enabling the application LazyLibrarian, nzbUnity would crash. This was due to me leaving the connection module on the iPad to connect via username/password when LL has been updated (build 45). to use ApiKey only.
- (FIXED) Sick Beard: Artwork failed to be retrieved when TheTVDB updated their api to v3.
- (FIXED) SickRage: Artwork failed to be retrieved when TheTVDB updated their api to v3.
- (FIXED) Sonarr: Artwork failed to be retrieved when TheTVDB updated their api to v3.
- (FIXED) Radarr: Movie would still show up on the ‘wanted’ list even if the cutoff was met (ex: downloaded Bluray 1080p but cutoff was DVD and the Bluray 1080p was higher on the list than the DVD).
- (FIXED) Radarr: Title-less movies would cause nzbUnity to crash.
- (FIXED) Downloaders: Clicking save multiple times when adding a downloader would add the server multiple times.
- (FIXED) nzbUnity: New build notification was not displaying when a new build was out.
Xcode is an integrated development environment (IDE) containing a suite of software development tools developed by Apple for developing software for OS X and iOS. Although it may seem like a complicated program, it is actually quiet simple and we only need it to generate our mobile provisioning profile. You only need to do the Xcode section once — the goal is to use a non-expired profile with the name com..nzbUnity for your current iDevice. If the profile has expired, you don’t have a profile, or you want to use another device, then you will need to do this section
Click on Xcode menu and then on Preferences
Click on Accounts tab
Click on the + on the bottom left and enter your Apple ID (this will create your free developer account — noted by the PERSONAL TEAM label)
Click on General tab
Update the following:
- Change the Bundle Identifier to com.<any unique name you want>.nzbUnity (ex: com.asdjflajf.nzbUnity)
- Change the device from one of the simulators to your device (your device should be plugged in); in this screenshot, the simulator was for an iPhone 8 Plus
- Make sure the Automatically manage signing is checked
- Change the Team to match the team (Apple ID) you want to use
Re-Sign via IOS APP SIGNER (macOS Sierra)
iOS APP Signer is an app for OS X that can (re)sign apps and bundle them into ipa files that are ready to be installed on an iOS device. It is very similar to iReSign
Open iOS App Signer
For the ‘Input File‘, select the unsigned ipa
‘Signing Certificate’ – select your certificate
‘Provisioning Profile’ will be the profile name from Xcode
Click on Start and the app will ask you where you would like to save the signed IPA to.
Please see below for a quick video tutorial.
iTunes is a media management software created by Apple, Inc., for both the Macintosh and Windows operating systems. We are going to use it to add the ipa to the iDevice.
Note: When adding the newly signed ipa to your iDevice, please use the same computer you’ve used in the past to sync. If you do not, you run the risk of erasing contents from your iDevice.
Open iTunes (if it does not open)
Click on your iDevice icon
Click Install for nzbUnity
Click on Apply/Sync
Click on the “Windows” menu and then choose “Devices”
On the right hand side, in the section “Installed Apps“, click on the + and select the resigned IPA
Having trouble with any of the steps? Please follow some of the troubleshooting steps. If you are still having issue, please contact me via the contact form.